This section is devoted to sharing resources and networking among member and between member organizations and the worldwide NGO community.
To contribute to this section, you must be a member organization. (Click here to become a member.)
The World Economic Forum's UpLink project, a digital platform crowdsourcing innovative solutions addressing the Sustainable Development Goals, will be hosting a session on "Accelerating Grassroots Innovation" on January 25, from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. CET, during the #DavosAgenda.
• John Dutton, Head, Uplink; Member of the Executive Committee, World Economic Forum, Geneva
• Diego Saez-Gil, Founder and CEO, Pachama
• Eren Bali, CEO and Co-Founder, Carbon Health
• Moitreyee Sinha, CEO and Co-Founder, citiesRISE
• H.R.H. Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Crown Prince of Norway, The Royal Court
Date: 1/22/2021 7:22:48 PM
Web site: http://www.weforum.org/events/the-davos-agenda-2021/sessions/accelerating-grassroots-innovation-2
Justin Trudeau, prime minister of Canada; Iván Duque Márquez, president of Colombia; Salman Khan, founder and CEO of the Khan Academy; and Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet are just a few of the speakers newly confirmed at Reuters Next, one of the biggest and most ambitious leadership summits in the world.
The virtual conference, which takes place January 11-14, 2021, will deliver an agenda-setting discussion around the theme of "Rethink, Rebuild, Recover; A New Vision For A Better Tomorrow," and bring together 25,000 executives from business, government, international organizations and civil society.
Among the topics that will be discussed over the four days: global trade, climate change and sustainability, the U.S. election and the impact of Brexit, new work models, and economic recovery following the pandemic.
Other newly confirmed speakers include:
• Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
• Brian Chesky, CEO, AirBnB
• Vera Daves, Angola Finance Minister
• Benjamin Diokno, Governor, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
• Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
• Deep Kalra, Founder & Group Executive Chairman, MakeMyTrip Limited
• Yuriko Koike, Governor of Tokyo
• Osprey Orielle Lake, Founder and Executive Director, Women’s Earth and Climate Action Network (WECAN) International
• Maria Ressa, Founder, Rappler
• Sheryl Sandberg, COO, Facebook
• Vergel O. Santos, Member, Board of Trustees, Center for Media Freedom and Responsibility
• Thae Yong-ho, Member of the National Assembly of The Republic of Korea
Previously announced speakers include Christine Lagarde, European Central Bank president; Sandeep Mathrani, CEO, WeWork; activist and businessman Bobi Wine; Mike Wirth, CEO, Chevron; and Waad al-Kateab, founder, Action For Sama.
For more information and/or to register for a free pass for the event, please visit reutersnext.com.
Date: 1/4/2021 6:40:07 PM
Web site: https://reutersevents.com/events/next