When you shop at smile.amazon.com,
This section is devoted to sharing resources and networking among member and between member organizations and the worldwide NGO community.
To contribute to this section, you must be a member organization. (Click here to become a member.)
Are you interested in learning how to incorporate the concept of resilience into your work? Do you want to promote an integrated approach to social and ecological sustainability? Do you want to enhance the effectiveness of your conservation and development actions to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals?
The UNDP is offering a free, two-part, trilingual online course called Introduction to Resilience for Development. It will be facilitated in English, French, and Spanish.
Part 1: Understanding Resilience Thinking runs from October 31 to November 27, 2017.
Part 2: Applying Resilience Thinking to National Biodiversity and Development Plans runs from January 23 to February 13, 2018. The course is designed for policymakers and practitioners working in the sustainable development and conservation planning sectors, but is open to anyone.
To register, visit: http://mailchi.mp/nbsapforum/resilience_mooc_2
The Federación Antioqueña de ONG (FAONG), a non-profit that aims to represent and help build the capacity of social and development NGOs in the department of Antioquia, Colombia, is offering an internship on "International Strategic Alliances under the Colombian Post-conflict Framework."
Who should apply?
1. Individuals--interested in knowing first-hand the social problems in Colombia and who wish to contribute their experience and/or knowledge to support Colombian NGOs
2. NGOs--with interest and experience in the issues of restitution of rights and social development
3. Institutions of higher education--interested in establishing alliances for research projects or social action focused on topics related to the internship
4. Social enterprises--that focus on issues related to the internship
5. Second-level organizations--such as donor foundations, donor agencies, and international cooperation entities that seek to allocate their resources to help or finance social development projects
For more information, visit: http://bit.ly/2v8WbNt
To apply for the internship, visit: https://goo.gl/forms/yGWcTPIi6tgVnbj62
The Saville Foundation and Teach a Man to Fish, a UK-based NGO, invites organizations leading youth entrepreneurship education programs to apply for the 2017 Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education.
The first place winner will receive US$15,000 in cash prizes. The second and third place runners up will win US$5,000. All winners and runners up will also receive a trip to London for a delegate to accept their award in person.
For more information about and to apply for the awards, visit www.teachamantofish.org.uk/pan-african-awards.
Deadline to apply: August 14, 2017
The 12th Global Forum on Human Settlements (GFHS-XII) will be held from October 30 to 31, 2017 at the UN headquarters in New York City in celebration of World Cities Day 2017. The event, whose theme is "Effectively Planning and Managing Urban Spatial Development to Implement 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and New Urban Agenda," is being co-sponsored by WANGO.