How to Join WANGO
Organization Membership (Regular & Senior) is open to non-governmental organizations whose primary functions are consistent with the purposes of the Association.
It is important that the name of WANGO be associated with integrity, ethics, and values that support the public good. WANGO membership equates an NGO with being legitimate, active, and ethical. For this reason, the approval process is more extensive than many associations. However, once your organization is approved, you join a special family of organizations. Furthermore, we keep the annual dues much lower than most associations, having been formed by NGOs to serve NGOs.
An NGO or non-profit organization is required to be registered as an organization for a minimum of two years prior to applying for WANGO organization membership.
The following procedure applies for non-profit organizations.
To join WANGO:
- Complete the online application (credit card required). (Click on "Continue" below, after reading these instructions, to access the online application form.)
- Submit a copy of a document showing that you are registered in your nation, clearly noting the date of incorporation or registration.* If this is not possible, since situations vary around the world, then you may provide one of the following:
(a) A copy of the organization's organizing documents (articles of incorporation, constitution, and/or bylaws), or equivalent document; or
(b) A letter of explanation of why your organization is not registered, along with two or more letters of recommendation to support your case.
* For US-based organizations, you need only provide your EIN number.
- Submit proof of recent activities, such as a copy of a recent brochure or a copy of the most recent annual report. (A web site address for your organization will fulfill this requirement as well.)
- The application should be authorized by the chairman of the board or the chief executive officer.
To help facilitate the processing of your application in a timely manner, please ensure that the documents requested in Numbers 2 and 3 above are complete and submitted with the membership application.
Once the completed application and membership dues are received, there will be an approval process. If you are not admitted as a WANGO member, your application fee (membership dues) will be reimbursed, minus a basic charge of US$15 for processing the application.
Please direct inquiries, or submit supporting documents, to the Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, or postal mail to: Membership Director, WANGO, 200 White Plains Road, First Floor, Tarrytown, NY 10591 USA.